How to start with Elixir? For OOP Programmers - to Elixir (Episode 2)

I started elixir before few days, but still nothing happens. Then I start digging in to the Elixir stuff, I just found about Lambda Calculus and stuff about Functional Programing. Then it came to my knowledge that why I can't able to understand Elixir. I try to learn many thing about functional programing but can't understand then I realize first I just have to learn about functional programing. I am just putting some learning steps from where a OOP programmer can start learning with Elixir.


TIP 1:
Find "What is Functional programing?"
but first try in your Programing Language. 




Step 1: What is Lambda Programing?
I am just here to share you the path of learning Elixir. Just putting a nice video down for you people to learn about Lambda Programing. Please share more stuff in comments if you have. 

For more you can just google and find great stuff also.

Step 2: Find deference between Functional and Non Functional Programing.
I just found a nice lady on youtube who is explaining the things about functional programing in a way that is understandable by all. Nice talk, just sharing the video.

 



Step 3: Lambda Programing in your Programing Language.
Important stuff is to understand and implement Lambda in your programing language. I am choosing Javascript because it is really easy to understand for nearly all of programmers and many of you studied JS in your school to. 

Step 4:

Read this article
Programming Paradigms - What I like in Functional Programing?


Conclusion
Just above videos is to explain all, who are like me and just coming from OOP to Functional Programing, to explain what functional programing is actually and what kind of things we are going to found in Elixir. 

I just suggest you all to look in your programing language, Python, JS, C# people can look F# and other can look in Ruby. First just try to discover what is functional programing in your own language then come into the elixir.

I think, before starting Elixir it is really important to understand this stuff. Above are just few videos to give you idea about this. Share your views and ideas about this in comments.

For Episode 1, Click Here
Hello World in Elixir - My Journy